Wednesday 4 January 2012

Kudos to Auhagen - Missing HO 11 363 Fussgangerbrucke Piece Received!

Happy New Year to all my readers and fans.


I'm starting this year with a story that shows that customer service is alive and well in model railroading.


Last year I bought a model from my favorite maker - Auhagen. If you're not familiar with the Auhagen name, they're a quality manufacturer of HO/TT and N buildings and accessories for European railroad modelers.


The kit in question was from their Stako System range - a metal footbridge that will find itself a place on my industrial layout. It's easy to build, realistic, and can be painted and detailed to look really authentic.


So far, so good. I opened the box and started building, without checking the contents beyond a visual estimation that everything 'looked' to be present. Sadly, I got near the end, and realized that there was a flight of steps missing.


The handrails were there, the supports, and everything else, but the actual steps seemed not to be.


So, I emailed Auhagen, explained the situation, and asked if they could forward the two missing pieces. After a bit of back and forth with the excellent customer service representative, and provision of a photo (not a scan, but a photo!) of the instructions, they offered to send them to me for free.


Two days later, and at their busiest time of year, the parts arrived, and I now have a top notch footbridge, which I'll photo in situ once it's installed on the layout.


Two things to take away from this feel-good story : one - check your bits, before you build, and two never be afraid to deal with customer service if you feel they've fallen short. 


Yes, the contract is with the shop where you bought the kit, but any company worth their salt will help you out if you get stuck.


Thank you Auhagen, it's a great start to the 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment